An ever-expanding playlist for my good days…
- 4 people w/ the same birthday
- 3 television shows
- 5 favorite books
- 3 book genres
- 10 musical artists
- 5 music videos
- 5 animations
- 3 favorite movies
- 3 short films
- 2 playlists
- 2 historical characters
- 3 areas of study
- 10 foods
- 7 outfits
- 4 comics
- 5 comic book characters
That’s what I’ve got so far…hmn.
Celebrities say shitty things sometimes. Sometimes they wont stop saying shitty things because they don’t see what’s wrong with what they’re saying or they don’t care.
It’s not a crime nor “hate” to point it out and if you’re personally effected by their words, it’s perfectly normal to be pissed off by it. It doesn’t make you irrational or crazy for doing so. You shouldn’t get hate for it.
It’s not gonna kill you to admit that someone you like is a flawed human being and part of caring for a person, means letting them know when they’re being hurtful to other people and teaching them how to stop that.
What is shitty, is attacking and bullying people using words and actions that are just as problematic. So fucking stop that shit.
jennifer fucking lawrence doesn’t think that bisexual women can have sex with men or have kids, and then referred to bisexuality as a “lesbian phase”
but she said that she likes food! shes so quirky and relatable you cant criticize her! she makes funny faces sometimes! did i mention she likes food!
hey whoa roll back the clock for a second. the exact quote was “No! That’s the first time I’ve heard that. She has kids, she has night crawlers, and she sleeps with Magneto! Unless I’m completely wrong, I mean, she is 100 years old, she definitely had time for a lesbian phase.”
You completely took the quote out of context, just to try and prove a point.
Then again, this is tumblr. So people want notes and the jazz. So lets sensationalize and misunderstand everything said.
This quote does not mean that she believes bisexuals cant sleep with men, or have children, when asked did she know that Mystique was originally written as bisexual, she was more saying ‘no i didnt think of that because she has kids and bangs magneto.’ Im pretty sure the cool kids are using ‘heteronormativity’ for this. Its where people assume, people are straight because of certain conditions, without thinking that they could possibly be another sexuality. She didn’t know. She is not a comic reader. How would she know other wise unless someone told her? Not everyone can be heath ledger and lock themselves into a hotel room with every kind of reading imaginable.
Yoooo. I gotta talk about this because I’ve been thinking about it for a while and I almost just let it go but I think that it is far too important to ignore.
The first time I read what she had really said (in context) I was like, well, that isn’t EXACTLY what she said… but then I realized—it was. How can you think that, you say? Well, because that IS what she said.
She was told that Mystique was originally written as bisexual, and responded with something extremely problematic instead of saying “Wow, no, I never considered that [how stupid of me].”
SHE LITERALLY SAYS “Unless I’m completely wrong” after she said “she [has children] and she sleeps with Magneto!” which roughly translates to “she could not be anything except straight because she sleeps with a man and has children!”
She also LITERALLY SAYS “She definitely had time for a lesbian phase.” There is not enough time in the universe to discuss the million things that are wrong with this so I will just shed light on two: the first is that it suggests that all bisexual women go through a “phase” where they date women before eventually ending up with a man. Secondly, and most importantly, A WOMAN DOES NOT EVER HAVE TO BE WITH A WOMAN TO CONSIDER HERSELF BISEXUAL. I will repeat for emphasis, A WOMAN DOES NOT EVER HAVE TO BE WITH A WOMAN TO CONSIDER HERSELF BISEXUAL. Just because you never date and/or sleep with someone who identifies as the same gender as you does not necessarily mean that you do not feel sexual and/or romantic attraction to them. I know plenty of women who identify as bisexual who have never actually “been” with a woman, but choose to acknowledge their attraction to them.
So yes, that is what she said.
e’rybody’s all like “fandom’s where i found community and understanding and happiness’
and i’m in the corner like “fandom’s where i found my high blood pressure and an insatiable urge for murder”
ZANNAAAAAA this is like the best question i have received in my life bar none you are brilliant
CAT’S GUIDE TO THE TWILIGHT ZONE: A POST THAT NONE OF YOU PROBABLY WANTED (BUT ALL OF YOU DEFINITELY NEEDED)
so i haven’t seen every twilight zone episode— i don’t think anybody has seen every twilight zone episode except maybe the people who made it and possibly also my dad, who spent every afternoon of the 1970s after school watching reruns
but REGARDLESS here are some of twilight zone episodes to watch from seasons 1 and 2, listed in an agonized order of how important they probably are/how much i think you would like them/how much i like them:
- the hitch-hiker, or, “kill me now this episode is flawless and i’m in love”: a woman trying to drive to los angeles is pursued by a mysterious hitch-hiker, who she begins to fear is here to kill her.
- the monsters are due on maple street, or, “you’ve probably already seen this one”: the electricity goes out in a lovely little suburban neighborhood. monsters show up.
- time enough at last, or, “you’ve probably already seen this one, too”: a bookish man working at a bank and battered by his menial job and his nagging wife wishes desperately for more time to read, and gets it.
- i shot an arrow into the air, or, “rod serling overuses this twist but he’s really good at using it so who cares”: astronauts crash-land on an unknown asteroid. supplies run low.
- the eye of the beholder, or, “you’ve almost definitely heard this one described and know the twist already”: a woman has surgery to fix her appearance.
- walking distance, or, “the one that i am honestly surprised was not written by ray bradbury”: a man battered by the pressures of adult life decides to visit his old hometown, only to find himself transported into his own childhood, and able to tell his child self to enjoy his innocence while it lasts— theoretically.
- a world of his own, or, “holy metafiction, batman”: a writer brings things to life by describing them to a tape recorder.
- escape clause, or, “you can probably see this twist coming from a mile away but it’s still fabulous”: a man makes a deal with the devil to exchange his soul for immortality.
- third from the sun, or, “yup it sure is the cold war”: nuclear war is coming. a man tries to get his family away from the doomed planet in a spacecraft.
ALSO IMPORTANT BUT I DON’T HAVE TIME TO DESCRIBE THEM: “a game of pool”, “to serve man”, “it’s a good life”, “nightmare at 20,000 feet”, “living doll”, “the shelter” and notably “i sing the body electric” which was ACTUALLY WRITTEN BY RAY BRADBURY SO GO WATCH SO IMPORTANT
Top 10 Orange Is The New Black quotes as illustrated by Paste Magazine
they may be a minor character but they are a major character in my heart
300 FAVORITE MOVIES (in no particular order)
200. Midnight in Paris (2011)
"That Paris exists and anyone could choose to live anywhere else in the world will always be a mystery to me"
no idea if this paper is GOOD but its DONE
An anthology of short stories by college students
There are people with a weak sense of humour.
There are people who miss golden opportunities.
And then there is George Takei.
"how many times are you going to listen to that song" until the void in my heart is filled
Do the thing.
I’ll do the thing~ U u U
That’s what I’ve got so far…hmn.